Guide to Google+ for Businesses
The social media tide has slowly been turning towards Google+. Google’s social network now has 540 million monthly active users making it the second most popular social media platform in the world.
The value of Google+ for businesses goes beyond that of other social networks because of the enormous impact it can have on your search visibility. In recent months, Google has introduced a number of new ways your Google+ business page will impact search results for your company.
Perhaps most notable is the new Google search feature displayed on the right-hand side of the results pages, which can pull information directly from your Google+ page, including your profile image, recent posts, and number of followers.
The growing importance of Google+ to businesses is impossible to ignore. We have compiled some tips to help your business get the most value out of your Google+ page.
How to Optimize Your Business Page
- Add a tagline under your page title. Try to be descriptive, keep it under 10 words, and use your search keywords.
- Use search keywords in the title of your images.
- In your introduction, use keywords but don’t overdo it. This is also a great place to add extra links to internal pages on your website.
- Verify your page with Google. Instructions here: http://bit.ly/1exuZaH
How To Use Your Page Effectively
- Engagement is your top priority. Post great content, ask and answer questions, and get involved with communities.
- Posts with photos and videos look great in the Google+ feed, and tend to get the most engagement.
- Follow back everyone who follows you. You can add them to a “followed me” circle.
- If you can, segment your audience into defined circles, and target content to these circles based on relevance and impact.
For more tips on using Google+ successfully, follow us.