Using Social Media to Manage Your Customer Service
Social media has transformed the customer service experience for both businesses and consumers. Customers expect more from companies – they not only expect faster response times, but higher quality responses as well.
Below are some key reasons why your brand should be responding to (both positive and negative) customer comments on social media.
- 85% of your business could be lost due to poor customer service.
- Social media users will tell more than 5 times more people about a good customer experience than non-social media users, and they’ll tell almost 3 times more people about a bad service experience.
- 83% of social media users have abandoned an intended purchase because of bad customer service in the past year.
- 37% of 18 to 24-year-olds choose social media over the phone for customer service experience.
- When it comes to service experiences, 50% of American customers use social media to seek a direct response from a company regarding a specific issue or problem.
- By 2014, it is predicted that refusing to communicate with customers via social channels will be as harmful as ignoring emails or phone calls is today.
It’s time to be a part of the conversation. Respond to customer feedback genuinely and in real time. Contact us today to find out how we can help.Sources: Aberdeen, Gartner, International Data Corporation, Nielsen, American Express, ClickSoftware, Oracle.