Video is the future of content marketing. Many studies and statistics highlight not only the demand for video content, but also the value of incorporating it into your online marketing and content strategy. If small and medium size businesses choose to ignore video they do so at their own peril.
Video Content Marketing: What’s it Worth?
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a one-minute video is worth 1.8 million. [tweet this]
According to Forrester Research, a one-minute video is worth 1.8 million words, which translates to roughly 3,600 blog pages. The ability for video to convey your brand message in an efficient, impactful, and entertaining way is unparalleled.
Seventy-three percent of consumers are more likely to purchase after watching a video. And, 75 percent of executives watch work-related videos at least once per week. In fact, 59 percent of senior executives stated they would rather watch a video versus read text. Approximately 65 percent of those who watched a video clicked through to visit the company’s website to look for additional information.
Video marketing presents marketers with an opportunity to get your key product messages into the hands of a busy executive or consumer who are in the process of making a buying decision.
Video Content Marketing: Top Stats You Need to Know
“Online video users are expected to reach 1.5 billion in 2016.” ~ Cisco [tweet this]
Businesses who include video marketing as part of their content plan see higher engagement rates, higher conversion and click-through rates. While creating a video may seem daunting to many small and medium-sized business owners, Bright Blue Wave’s founder, Sharad Verma, advises our clients not to go it alone. “Invest a little and get a lot back.” Production value matters. The last thing you want to show your customers and prospects is a video that looks like it was shot on a smartphone.
If you are still not convinced video should play an important part in your content marketing plan, check out these impressive stats:
- Each month, there are more than 1 billion unique visitors to YouTube and over 6 billion hours of videos are viewed. (YouTube).
- 52 percent of consumers say product videos give them more confidence in online purchase decisions. (Invodo)
- Consumers who view a product video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers. (Invodo)
- 71 percent of consumers feel the best way to bring product features to life is through video. (Multichannel Merchant)
- 72 percent of B2C marketers include video in their content marketing. (Marketing Prof)
- Video was the third most effective social media marketing tactic sited by B2B and B2C professionals worldwide. (eMarketer)
Video Content Marketing: Four Things To Do Right Now
A simple Google search on “video for business” will return thousands of hits touting the benefits of videos, armed with statistics that prove the value of video marketing. Four things you can do now get started.
- Marketing Strategy: Online video has become an integral part of a user’s online experience. Video content marketing has become an important tactic in meeting your marketing strategy goals.
- Audit Videos: Ensure your videos work across all browsers and devices. Do they include a clear call-to-action? Are you providing the best experience for your customers?
- Video Content: Consider your customer’s journey. Videos that convey branding and drive interest should be placed at the beginning of your customer’s journey, typically your company’s home page. As your customer moves through your website, the videos should reflect that transition providing the right amount of information to support your marketing and sales objectives.
- Repurpose Existing Video: Look for ways to use your existing or old business videos to support your marketing and social media requirements. Can you edit or enhance existing video content? If you can, it can potentially save you a lot time and money.